Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A dream within a dream

The first thing i thought after reading this was "Is he describing waking up from a good dream.?" because I know I've had some nights when my dreams are off the charts and then my alarm wakes me up when i can tell its getting to the best part and while I'm waking up I'm grasping onto the dream wishing i could stay asleep for just a few more minutes. But then i reread it and it sounded like he was reminiscing on something special.  Maybe even a precious memory of his and hes trying to hold onto it but he cant so he calls it a "dream within a dream" because hes dreaming of that memory but the memory was so real that it felt like he was dreaming. Its difficult to explain but its got me thinking. I cant wait to discuss what its really about in class tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment