Thursday, January 24, 2013

I'm a poet and i know it (;

I'm writing this poem in the view of Guy Montag.

Today i had to question who i really am
But will i ever know?
Because i cannot seem to grasp these feelings.
I'd like to hope my real life does not remain a history
My thoughts are buried and hidden by my flaming history.

Today i had to define myself
But i can't seem to find a definition
To think through all the flames and heat my destiny was meant to be different
I no longer feel satisfied and free
There's nothing i want more than to figure out who i'm supposed to be.

Today someone tried to figure me out
Only to realize my life is a puzzle
Because over time i lost track and damaged the pieces
How will i ever get them back?
This entire time I've been on a different track.

Today someone questioned my feelings of freedom
Only to leave me feeling constrained
These feelings so heavy and tight
I feel so light headed dizzy and weak
My pride and joy has become very difficult to seek

So who am i?
Will i ever seek the truth?
The definition of my character is lost
I don't think i can ever be the same
Relief can only be found outside of the flame.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Gorgeous blog! Very artistic yet fashionably organized! Just a heads up, virtual TA's are now online and checking on your blogs on a regular. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete