Sunday, January 13, 2013

Whats you SMART goal?

In class we were asked to create a SMART goal, SMART standing for
Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Reinforcable
Timely

Our smart goals are supposed to help benefit our future in some way, shape or form and is supposed to be something WE really want, not our parents, friends, teachers or peers but our own goals set for our own happiness. At the moment i find college very important for my future and its something i can hardly wait to experience. During the time we were given in class i started to brainstorm on what i need for college and how i can make it live up to the SMART "standards". At first i felt as if i hit a fork in my road to obtaining my goal because just like most teenagers, i struggled to think about what i "really" want and need for myself involving my future.I had to ask around and sneak a peek at other peoples goals for awhile but then it hit me. Scholarships. They can be pretty specific, you can measure the amount applied for and received, able to be attained, reinforced and its quite the timely process to get them. I nonchalantly wrote down the goal and decided i could relax until the class period was over. At the time i didn't realize Dr. Preston was checking everyone's goals, but he ended up coming over and read mine. He asked me a few questions about it and i answered them like a pro. I figured my goal would be easy to achieve and i wouldn't have to worry too much about it but Dr. Preston had another idea. Make it big. His idea was brilliant, create a scholarship website. I mean, if i'm looking for scholarships junior year could you imagine how many seniors are looking as well?My website would offer things such as tips, rules, ideas, and some essay templates for how to get scholarships and to get a guarantee to obtain one. We'd set up two options. "free" and "premium". Free offers a few hints and examples but the premium gives you templates, advice, information, understanding and much more. This website will help give students a better understanding about scholarships and what they are. If everything goes as planned it can help a lot of students. I'm really excited to launch this project and make my goal a reality. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment