Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Ch. 6 Active Reading Notes.

"He had been coasting along all too hospitable shores for five years when he turned up as James Gatz's destiny in Little Girls Bay."
Little Girls Bay? Please please please tell me this isn't a island where you pick up "little girls."

"I hadn't been there two minutes when somebody brought Tom Buchanan in for a drink. I was startled, naturally, but the really surprising thing was that it hadn't happened before."
Why is Tom and Gatsby's house is Gatsby is trying to swoop ( get with ) Tom's wife?

"If you want to kiss me any time during the evening, Nick, just let me know and I'll be glad to arrange it for you. Just mention my name. Or present a green card. I'm giving out green-"
Aren't Nick and Daisy cousins? Is she joking?


No comments:

Post a Comment