Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Last Chapter Of Gatsby

Woah.
I got so into what happened to Gatsby in the last chapter that i actually forgot to take active reading notes while i was reading it, i had so many questions and assumptions running through my head that i was just too impatient to want to set the book down long enough to jot down some notes on what i was thinking. The end chapter was not quite how i expected but i had somewhat of a feeling it would get to the point in which it had gotten to. As you guys know, i tend to let my grammatically correct guard down when im "being myself." on my blog. My thoughts are a bit on the blunt side and my reactions can be a bit on the rash side, so please bear with me as you read my notes.

"I called up Daisy half an hour after we found him, called her instinctively and without hesitation. But she and Tom had gone away early that afternoon, and taken baggage with them."
This gold digger did not just cheat on her husband, kill a woman and straight up one two step her way out of the picture as soon as Gatsby was discovered for her crime. That is trifling as hell.

"Let me known about the funeral etc do not know his family at all."
So i guess Gatsby cut himself off. Damn, you go out like that for a gold digger? That's bold.

"After changing my clothes I went next door and found Mr. Gatz walking up and down excitedly in the hall."
UMM!? Didn't your son just DIE bro? You have no reason to be excited.

"But it was no use. Nobody came."
So all of ya'll can sure turn up for a Gatsby's parties but none of you guys can roll up for his funeral? Trifling.

"The poor son-of-a-bitch," he said."
Was that supposed to be sympathy?

After that i kinda faded out.. but i did enjoy the book! Crazy ending but not unsurprising. Money can buy you all the material things in the world, but love, friendship and family have no price.

No comments:

Post a Comment