Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Essay Postgame Analysis

I personally don't think my essay was worthy enough for the grade. Before i walked into class i felt very confident on writing the essay and when i read the prompt i got an extreme writers block. I thought i had something to go off of but in the end i not only ran out of time but it was all a bunch of pointless gibbering.  I think the best way for me to improve for the next essay assignment is to practice staying on the main points and following my essay outline. I also think it would be smart for me to start thinking
"Whats the theme of this book?"
"How does this relate to me?"
"Are there any hidden meanings within the text?"
"Will ____ be an important part of the story later on?"
And etc. I feel like because i read the book last year, reading the book this year was literally just reading. I didn't and haven't been putting my absolute best foot forward lately with my work and i need to step up my game hard core. I personally don't know how to grade my paper but i give in an A for effort! And i think that counts for something! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment